RCU Forums - View Single Post - I just bought my Herr little extra...
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:57 AM
R/C Phile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I just bought my Herr little extra...

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

Battery consumption isnt linear...I would try the 3 flights and then say a 4 minute flight (1oz) and check, as I stated earlier mathematically you could get 5 flights and land with 0 mAh but it doesnt work that way....and it makes a difference if you float around in circles or doing 3D stuff, but you said wide open...It is a fun plane though isnt it!!...gotta get mine out and play with it some....Rog
btw are you deadsticking in to determine your flight times?
Yeah Baby! Since I'm still struggling to keep the little sob lit for anything above 50% throttle it's full throttle all the way 'till she dies. I'm flying in 10 acre field that's all to myself so where ever she goes down, she does..

You're right about the battery dis-charge curve, to find out better I'll put a GEM 2000 monitor on it like I have on my Raptor that way, I'll safely be able to stretch it out.

I found out the Main needle is leaking (Spewing fuel) so I added a small piece of fuel tubing between the seat and the base of the needle, we'll see if that makes it more consistent.

This little plane is a riot.. I've been flying my Raptor 30 (No need for runway / club field) and had kind of forgotten how much fun a hot plane is because I have not been to my club field in over 4 years ..

I was not comfortable flying my 40 / 60 / 120 powered planes so close to my neighborhood but with this little guy I get thrilling performance and convenience.