RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger Outlaw 7.5
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Big Cap Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger Outlaw 7.5

Well guys, for those of you following this thread I was able to test my "fully modified Outlaw 7.5cc" with a Mac .45 and it was stupid fast! [X(]I mean scary fast! [X(]I had to drop the tabs and give it a touch of negative strut just to keep this thing from taking flight. After that it was somewhat manageable. I bet it gained another 16-20mph over my best slightly modified run! I am quite sure Thunder Tiger never expected this out of the Outlaw.

I will post a video, hopefully this weekend if not for sure from the races next weekend. I need to be careful not to tear anything up now and blow my chances in the finals. There is no way I can run this girl in my local test pond (the one in my first video). It is just way to small for a performance boat like this. I just thank god I didn't even try it. I tested this at a full NAMBA legal course. I needed this much track because I knew it would take some long laps in order to dial in the mixture with the third channel mixture control. All I can say is; anybody that wants an Outlaw to run fast this was the ticket! Be prepared if you do. Personnaly, I think an O.S. .46VZM would be a cheaper way to go pretty darn quick. The Mac really isn't designed for a variable throttle. It doesn't even have a low speed mixture needle because it is designed for one thing and that is wide open! It seems with the Mac if you throttle down it falls off the pipe and takes a while to get back on making it really a one speed boat....... full throttle! I think that was the most shocking part of this set up.