RCU Forums - View Single Post - ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........
Old 09-07-2009, 06:34 AM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

You shouldn't have to add weight to the front of the heli to get her balanced out. You need a "pitch gauge" for your main blades and you need to adjust your links going from your swash plate to your servos. Discounnect the motor wires, turn everything on and set your throttle at mid stick/50%. At mid stick, you want +5/+6 pitch on the blades, this will be an awsome starting point for getting the heli off the ground and into a steady hover. With the throttle stick all the way up you want around +10/+11, and at zero throttle you want -9/-10. To get your pitch right, your going to have to start playing with the links. Thats why I wanted you to watch the Finless videos. If you dont have a pitch gauge, please get one. That's going to be a must have tool for a heli. But for now, without one, you can adjust the links and get a feel for what she's doing while adjusting.

I take it without the AA batteries on the front, the heli was dropping back something terrible when you were trying to lift off? I think that's because you didn't have the swash level. At mid stick your servos should be at 90 and the swash plate should be level. DO you have the manual for the heli? I didn't have one when I got mine but was able to find a link to it on the net. There is a section that shows you how the servos should look at mid stick, when trying to get everything lined up.