RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scale Competitions in Ontario, Canada
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
ccrebidoux
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale Competitions in Ontario, Canada

Hi,

Just throwing this out there and trying to see what kind or feed back we can get. This is mostly geared to Ontario flyers, if you're from the other provinces please feel free to read on & feel free to add some insight to help us!

A few years ago, I tried my hand at scale competition. I found it to be alot of fun and added quite a bit to my flying experience rather than just wizzing around boring holes in the sky. Not that there is anything wrong with that, the competition added a different dimension to flying.

I found that there was only one competition in Ontario (that I know of), The Kawartha Lakes Scale Competition.

It seems that scale competitors have somewhat of an Elitist image to us (deservedly or not, I'm not sure) We'd kinda like to break that image and see if we could get more people interested in trying and participating in scale competition.

One of the first things we'd like to do is find out how much interest there is in more scale competitions? This year at Kawartha there were 6-8 competitors, there were events going on the same week end (Giant Scale in Kingston) and the possibility of bad weather which may have been major contributors. (myself, I cracked up my plane the night before )

So, who's interested in more scale competitions in Ontario? You don't have to be a competitor, maybe you'd like to spectate? If we are to do another competition in Ontario, we will probably have to search out a donor club to have the competition at, where we would have to provide the manpower to run the show. Maybe you'd be willing to help out?

I'm asking this because as I said there is only 1 competition Ontario. And I don't want to wait around for "somebody else" to do it. If we want to compete more we have to be willing to step up and try to make it happen.

I await your replies.