Thread: Honey Bee FP
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 03:40 AM
pgroom_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honey Bee FP

ORIGINAL: Tinkman
Hey Peter,
Well my problem turned out to be the 4-1. I guess the gyro portion had just quit working like I suspected. At least I'm back in the air!
I installed the CNC rotor assembly with the new ring like push rods I prototyped. They work great. I ended up having to make them .020'' longer than stock for the rotor to move freely. Now I have another question that maybe you can help me with. When the heli is in flight I get a wobble that I was starting to get before, but which is really bad now. Any idea what would cause a wobble? The best way I can describe it is that it's like how a top acts when it's starting to slow down. Except this is pretty rapid. I figure it has something to do with a balance problem, or the flybars. I don't know which. Any help would be appreciated.
I'll upload a picture of my new pushrods as soon as I get a chance.

Tinkman
Hey again Tinkman,

Glad you solved your prob. Any chance of a short video of your "wobble" uploaded to youtube with a link posted in this thread?
[sm=50_50.gif]I can only guess that it is a possible bent main axis (shaft) or as you say, it could be uneven flybar length/paddle distance - but most probably it is just a blade balance problem. Remove your blades and weigh them separately (accurately) - they should be within +/- 0.1g - while you have the blades off screw them together via the holes with a long screw & nut and 'balance them' from a couple of your favourite tinnies. The lighter one is obvious then, and can have tape "added to" 'till they sit horizontal. The best tape I found is electrical tape cut into short lengths stuck on the underside in the middle of the lighter blade.

Here's [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9076284]a link[/link] to the pic that Disney1 posted earlier. He removed the whole head (including blade grips) and is balancing them atop glasses of his fav brew by the balljoints - another great idea.....

Peter[sm=49_49.gif]