RCU Forums - View Single Post - glitch in esky dauphin still
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 06:09 PM
pgroom_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: glitch in esky dauphin still

ORIGINAL: dauphinak
Hi Peter
It is the the Velcro part that is broken, next to the back wheels. With Ebay, do they deliver to NZ? I saw a Belt CP V2 2.4GHZ for US$199.99 which even gst added comes to NZ$350. They are NZ$450 here.
I ordered parts from ControlFreaks last night. Xtreme blades and the gear thing. They don't stock the battery thingie cos he does not sell Dauphins, but RC Bandit at Ellerslie has them. Sorry to moan about all the repair jobs. My flying skills have improved heaps over the past few months, as I can use the warehouse at work. I bought a second hand Dauphin for my daughter last month and we are going to try some formation flying or it might end up as formation crashing! I will keep you posted.
Hey Dauphinak,

I don't think a Collective Pitch (CP) helicopter is a very good idea for you at this stage. They are VERY difficult to set-up correctly and WHEN you do crash (even the slightest heavy landing) something breaks and it sits on your bench for a number of weeks which turn into months until you have the time, patience and $ to get it back up flying[:'(] (ask me how I know that) The next level of helicopters that I DO recommend for you is called Fixed Pitch (FP). The FPs have one main rotor plane (made up of two blades - not two rotor planes one on top of the other made up of four blades like the Coaxials) AND one rear smaller rotor spinning "inwards" so it counteracts the torque of the main rotor plane. The blades are at a fixed "pitch" so raising and lowering the throttle gives you and removes altitude as well as engine rpms/head speed - following?
A 2.4G Honeybee FP cost US$99 - but buy one from an online store in HongKong as they add reasonable shipping being in our world "neighbourhood" - [shipping for USA can add US$77 which nearly doubles the price you have to pay]

PM me with your name & address there in Bucklands Beach and I will post you one of the spare battery trays that I got for my Dauphin a while ago and won't use, for free if you still need one. It is the least I can do for a fellow Aucklander. Ah, Ellerslie - just the name leads me to believe that it has been to long since I visited my parents in Sandringham.
[link=http://www.ebay.co.nz/]ebay.co.nz[/link] is one of your better bets for common Dauphin parts[sm=wink_smile.gif] - and yes, international sellers such as HongKong DO post to New Zealand without any problem - most of the parts that I get for my Big Lama and Lama4s come from HongKong. YOU DO HAVE TO WATCH THOSE CURRENCIES though - but having a paypal.com account the currency exchange is done for you automatically and before you click "Confirm Payment" you can see the final amount in your local currency (always helpful[sm=teeth_smile.gif])

Are you into the bling-thing for your birds, or doesn't it matter what it looks like as long as it is in the air? If it is the former, order one of [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3182]these[/link] fuselages - it is the only variation to the red or battleship gray that you can get (without buying cans of polycarbonate spray and masking & painting your own)

Anyway I raved enough now

Enjoy flying in that warehouse

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. I would be interested to see a couple of pics of yours and that second-hand Dauphin in flight (but not at the same time obviously). Here is a pic I took of mine on the ground out of the box - I changed blades soon after trying out the airy2s as they cone to much![:@] I haven't yet found a way to convince my friends to come fly with me!

UPDATE: Alistair, I just had a peek at [link=http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_79&products_id=2341]2.4G Honeybee FP[/link] and the best deal is at Miracle-mart.com for a limited time - US$85 (+US$33 shipping to MY address as an idea)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37406.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1277695