RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL Discussion for the Pros and Cons of Clones in the Market
Old 09-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Discussion for the Pros and Cons of Clones in the Market

ORIGINAL: sparky 25

all right, take your bone stock hpi baja,

run it for a full tank of fuel on soft sand and tell me that it does not need replacement parts after running for
almost an hour on sand,

it will need the same parts replacing that a km baja will need,

such as a new clutch as the sand will have eaten it alive,

the clutchbell holder will have gotten so hot from the sand around the clutch that it will deform and melt the stock spur gear,

alright i had the km engine bearing let go on me which ruined the engine,

but i now know that was from my own inexperience as i was mixing the fuel/oil at 50/1
and it even lasted for 2 gallon at this oil starved mixture,

thats 100ml to 5 litres of fuel where it should have been 200ml to 5litres,

i have not needed hpi parts as replacement for poor quality parts,

only as replacement for when i hit a concrete post flat out which would have broken even an all alloy baja,

i have my km baja sitting with a new cy26cc engine,

hostile hobby rear mx tires, tgn alloy enclosed clutch housing, cy long lasting clutch, turtle racing gearplate, darksoul axle boots,

hd beadlocks, tuned pipe, extra set of rear wheels with sand paddles, outerwears filter and pullstart covers, hd shock brace,

proline desert rat body, failsafe and rx battery guage, full set of windows,

had i bought the hpi baja rtr i would have had to have done these upgrades also to have the baja ready for the sand,

my km baja with all these upgrades is still a couple hundred pounds cheaper that a rtr hpi baja.

Sparky I see what you're saying, but I don't see how it adds value to the topic. What we can understand from your post is that sand destroys RC cars, and it doesn't care if they're original or clones. It's like saying a pinto is just as good as a ferrari, cos bird poo melts the paint of a Ferrari just as much as it does a Pinto.