RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone else love Enya engines?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Riddle4U

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Does anyone else love Enya engines?

Nice stuff guys! Did I miss something? I didn't see my ss40bb-rc mentioned (yes..35 and 45's). It is apparent that Enya was all over the board on models...boo yah! Wish they were easily available now. The real reason of course is the contracts with big U.S. sellers like Tower. When they sign an exclusive agreement (my guess, only), it hurts our ability to have natural variety here (voice your opinions to Tower, and others). Our hobby choices are actually shrinking, and it has had nothing to do with the recent international economic downturn (don't start me). Our hobby has been getting hurt in diversity for ten years or more. The sellers just pick a couple profit winners that are high quality, like O.S. and such, but there are actually other choices which are higher quality that we are not offered by these sellers. I have used Tower Hobbies for years, but their selection gets smaller and smaller. I am not such a big fan of theirs anymore (not against using them for their limited offerings either). I don't mean to trash Tower, but they just seem to offer less diversity each year. Enya would be around today if something else wasn't limiting their U.S. market. Tower used to have a lot more brands. Look at the italian brands...Rossi, and others. Fricking great engines! What do we do as hobbyists to keep our previous wealth of diversity of product in the U.S.A.? We like to think we can get anything in America; it is certainly not even close anymore! Let us tell our suppliers know that we want a variery of quality choices! Competition keeps makers honest.

Sincerely, Eric