RCU Forums - View Single Post - glitch in esky dauphin still
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:53 PM
pgroom_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: glitch in esky dauphin still

ORIGINAL: dauphinak
Hi Peter
You are right. I will order the Turboshaft. Repairing the bent one will drive me stark raving bunkers! Here are some shots. The clean looking ones are the shots of the second-hand one I got through Trademe and the battered and bruised one is the one I bought new. Check out the nose job I have done on my chopper. Pretty grim! By the way, I am still waiting for a reply from the supplier of the bent shaft, not good.
Cheers
Hey again Alistair,

"Not good" is right. The only damage that I have encountered from post is when I sent a couple of parts to someone else and he emailed me a few days later saying that they were damaged. That was the last time I posted things without lots of bubble-wrap....
Order a [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Esky-LAMA-V3-V4-Helicopter-Metal-Head-Upgrade-Parts-S_W0QQitemZ270356159889QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Co ntrol_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ef27b9d91&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14]metal upgrade set[/link] from ebay NOW (out of HongKong they are around NZ$15) ...OR by typing "lama upgrade" into the search line of ebay New Zealand and choosing one that (with postage) adds up to be the cheapest - or has free postage! (You don't need any of the other products that they try to flog off to your in their packages)
That way it will arrive near the same time as your Turboshaft and you can install the metal swashplate at the same time - saving taking your bird apart twice! You can install the inner hub (in two parts) also - BUT do not install the cnc blade grips![:@]
The story goes that I didn't heed the advice of an experienced flier (it would be a year ago now[sm=72_72.gif]), tried to run the blade grips WITH lots of threadlock thinking that would be OK ...They flew apart after a while with pieces everywhere - hitting the dog etc etc. It wasn't pretty I'm thankful that I wasn't hurt, 'cause the head was spinning pretty fast at the time!! [The parts that actually "let go" their grip is the box-shape around the actual blade grip - it is screwed together with four pins.....]

Have you developed a successful and gentle way of landing that thing without tipping over yet?

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]