RCU Forums - View Single Post - glitch in esky dauphin still
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 06:31 AM
dauphinak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: glitch in esky dauphin still

Hi Peter

I had a look at your bird with the twin wheels. Ingenious man. Looks great and would definitely help the roll-over problem. Excellent colour scheme too. The red colour scheme was never my kind of colour, but they ship them as that. If and when I get a new fuse, I will go for the white one you mentioned earlier on. It looks mega kool.

BTW on Saturday I was flying the monster at the warehouse and as I was at the highest point (you can guess where I am going with this) around 20ft high, the motor suddenly stopped and the soaringeagle metamorphosed in to a turkey. It hit the ground like a sack of spuds! As I was approaching the wounded bird, I felt like the remains of a zebra at the Serengeti surrounded by burping vultures! Thank god I only cracked a few areas on the fuse. It was a hell of bang mate. After 10 min of cello-taping it was up and away again pirouetting like psycho!

One dude at RC Bandit thought the engine cut outs or the spazing can be due to a motor being faulty. I remember it had this problem when even new, but to a much lesser extent. What are your thoughts on this problem?

Re the bent shaft, it was just a fluke that I straightened it. I stood the shaft on its head close to a can of fly spray ( the straightest thing I could find) and turned the shaft by 90 degrees, observing the gap between the shaft and the can and gradually muscling it to were I thought it should be! A trial and error process. It took about 1/2 hour at least. It was painful! It is still not a 100% straight but there is no vibration so I am happy.

Cheers
Alistair