RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A Size Dumas Boat Club
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 03:49 PM
R.J. West

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2A Size Boat Club

Hi jetpack!

Oh its going to be alot of fun.   Most of my building experience comes from building 1/16 scale electric hydros from garry finlays plans. I think maybe scaling down some of his plans should work also. Ha! I even have a 22" '69 notre dame hull complete with an old electric thunder cowl laying around doing nothing. Any reconmendations on a small engine for that one? The Dumas hardware kit is really intended for their "short stuff" and similar .049 mono hulls. As far as drive shafts are concerned, I'd like to try a wire drive if possible.  Again I'm using the wire drive setup from his plans mostly because I stocked piled up on the material needed to build them. I also have some octura .098 cable. How long does my driveshaft on the atlas have to be?  As far as radios, I suppose a mini servo for the rudder would work I havent shopped around for radios yet, any reconmendations?  My concern was since I never ran a .049 hydro before was how fast these things can go, and how well they can take a turn, thats why I thought about a throttle. But to come up with something to cut fuel off just to bring the boat in safe sounds like a more reasonable thing.  I didnt realize how many small .049 & up newer and vintage engines there are on ebay....