RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF.60 corsair vereses barbwire and post
Old 10-01-2009, 12:21 AM
joey_snaproll
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF.60 corsair vereses barbwire and post

Well ,My TF.60 corsair made out pretty well being that it torqued over into a stall in to a post and threw a barbwire fence. I expected to see many pieces when I walked up to it but got lucky, when it hit the post the wing popped of at the dowl and the plane some how took little damage when it went threw the rest of the fence .I might leave the barb wire scrapes and make them look more like bullet marks some how.Damage was a cracked cowl,smashed flaps and a good chunk of the leading edge gone, and barbwire cuts and scrapes .

Anyway I think the prop came loose,Before the fight I tried to stick start it against the compression ,but it wouldn't start.I always had use my starter before ,I taxied up and down a few times looked good and took off,pulled a little to the left and added a little more rudder and was flying and climbing at a nice level. It started to level off and drop to the right, I added more power up to 3/4 stick(supertiger 90) more smoke was coming out and still was dropping ,went full power and it seamed to fly for a second and then rolled over,to the left.So I'm thinking the prop grabbed at full power and with the speed bleeding off it torqued over to a stall/snap. when I checked the busted prop it was a bit loose and when I took it off I could see that it spun a bit on the back . so That's what I think happen.

So make sure that prop is good and tight. I hope to start to fix this up soon. I've had this plane since 1991. and I want to see if fly again. here's a few pictures of the damage and when it was undamaged .

Now that I have to do some repairs to her ,I'll throw this out there,is there anyone that has a "dion" birdcage canopy that they won't be using .I'll buy it from you ,I'd love to use it on the rebuild. Please let me know.

Thanks
Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91050.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1285961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28371.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1285962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83519.jpg