RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vne discovered (Electric Flying Wing)
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 01:11 AM
iron eagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vne discovered (Electric Flying Wing)

ORIGINAL: Mike Connor

Paul, If I would have gotten it on video it would have been worth while. I was about 1 second away from starting the video whe it poped loud. I was not the pilot on this flight. I launched the plane and then took over the camera but never made it. The motor was still mounted with no damage to the front except for a broken prop. Because of the decent and 33,000+ rpm I suspect easily over 120 mph even though it had not been at that rpm long. These discussions along with some thought are givig me ideas to consider on my next one. The unique shap was what I liked and do not wantn to give that up. If NASA/Boeing can make it work, so can I.
I am pretty sure it was at least 120...

Mike in the aerodynamics forum there is a thread about "real scale flight" one of the guys involved in the discussion put up links and some data display from a simulator he was using.
It gave you very interesting wind tunnel type of results as far as aerodynamics, just something I thought you may want to look at... The software looks like something NASA would use and was developed by modelers in Germany, for use by fellow modelers. kinda neat!

People before NASA and Boeing made flying wings work, Jack N's was pretty neat I always thought; and I am sure that you will get this one to work!!!
Combining the wing and a delta is the most logical step for performance aircraft from my point of view, add in the BWB concept and you can start to take it to the limit.

CP's football is going to an interesting airplane as well.

Remember to make an omelet you have to break some eggs...

edit to add: A old photo from years ago...
Edit to add:
No that is not me in the picture,Just a photo of a new BWB someone was working on some time ago...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13012.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1287933