RCU Forums - View Single Post - OPS .65 bench run.. finally!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 11:56 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OPS .65 bench run.. finally!

It's a bushing rod. Is what gets called the "rpm" rod a needle bearing rod?

Last time I tried to run it - I had a few starts and aborted runs with the clipped Zinger wood club - I used a rubber chicken stick after it had warmed a bit. No sweat. When this gets tamed and we know each other well I'd do it once just to piss off the safety gods - if I'm allowed to back flip off compression.

From the numbers I am seeing here, I could be in the right range to stay within operating limits in the air with the full prop. But I think it qualifies as running it hard.

Hey Mike - I am not going bone stock here.. the CF spar count may go up by about 2, and I have 1/16" full sheeting plus Ceconite (Stits fabric) over top in mind. The one I have downstairs ready for color paint is stock but Stits covered, and I swear it would be tough to break that thing in the air with anything much less than this, short of an MB 40 anyways. I set up the mount and t-nuts for standard .46 spacing, but I just started thinking stupidly about the merits of fitting a pattern .60 and a 10-9 prop to it.. [sm=50_50.gif] Build and abuse more.. the only answer.

MJD