RCU Forums - View Single Post - One of our own has fallen..
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default One of our own has fallen..

I learned today of the passing of Glenn Carter due to a long battle with cancer.

To be blunt, IMAC would not exist today without Glenn's efforts. This thing we all know and love simply would not be here. Many people like to tout Bill Bennett as the reason for IMAC's growth, and while that's true to a VERY large extent, without Glenn, Mr. Bennett would have had nothing TO help grow.

While IMAC was formed by Norm Cassela, Jerry Nelson, and Glenn Carter, Glenn kept the torches burning for many a year. He single-handedly kept the sequences appearing in the AMA magazines for over a decade, and was easily it's most dedicated leader, regardless of title. I met Glenn probably in the late 1980's and truly it was at his urging that I ever got into it like I did. Prior to the explosive growth of the Internet, Glenn's newsletters were truly the only lifeline this organization had. I was fortunate enough to have a love for aerobatics, while at the same time working as an engineer for one of the largest Internet providers in the country (at that time), and so the transition to the Internet was an easy one, but I can't say this enough... Without Glenn.. we would be NOWHERE.

IMAC has lost a GIANT today. A pillar of the organization, a friend to many (including myself), and someone who truly can never be replaced.

Clear Skies Glenn Carter.. You've earned it in my eyes.

Doug Cronkhite
Past IMAC President