RCU Forums - View Single Post - MIA AutoGyro with Teeter and Delta 3 Head
Old 10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MIA AutoGyro with Teeter and Delta 3 Head

MIA ROTO-TRIKE Autogyro-Trike 2in1 Combo

I thought I start this new thread about a model which I am planning on turning it into a kit, due to many pluses as can be seen in my video attached.

I've always been attracted to unique aircraft, and trikes and autogyros have been amongst these types. While designing some of my pusher autogyros it became appararent to me, that the model autogyro could also fly by replacing the rotary wing with a fixed wing or flex sail type as in powered hanglider, ultralight and Trikes in this case.

So I took one of my smaller best flying autogyros and fitted it with a sail wing. The model will fly fine with a wing that has no cable rigging, but with the rigging, one can adjust the tension of the sail and thus also the performance of the wing.

I keep it loose for relaxed flights and tight for more animated fast maneuvers. Both autogyro and trike share the same frame configuration, with the only change in CG location by relocating the batteries and perhaps adding a small cabin to the front of the model for aesthetics, but I like the open frame design of autogyros that are based on the Bensen design, with pilot figure fully exposed, look more daring... but a well designed full body cabin does add to the model aerodynamic efficiency.

Here is a first look at this new MIA ROTO-TRIKE (TM) Autogyro-Trike configuration in flight. Please do not mind the autogro flight scenes, if you have seen some of my earlier videos with such, it was required and reused as part of this new video to keep the subject cohesive and to allow a more even spread of video to length of audio.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ratvDV2nCQ&feature=player_profilepage[/youtube]