My Feedback: (60)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default The RCFW Hellcat Group Build

The time has come to launch an "official" group build thread for the R/C FrameWorks Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat. For those who have been following the "Guaging Interest" thread you already know what this is all about. For everyone else I will give a brief history of the project to get you up to speed.

R/C FrameWorks is what I call my little side business of designing and producing accessories for the scale builder. ( All three of them left out there! ) The Hellcat is my introductory plan / short kit offering and in an attempt to entice a few more builders out into the open I have decided to try a group build and taylor it somewhat to the "newbie" warbird builders. If you are at all interested in the idea of building a Hellcat and doing it with a few other like minded modelers then please visit the web site at the link below. There you will find all the information on the Hellcat itself, how it came to be, what kinds of things will be covered in the group build, and how you can get involved.

www.hellcat.cwvmodels.com

Here are the specs on the airplane:

Scale: 1/8 (1.5" = 1')
Span: 64.25 inches
Area: 652 square inches
Weight: 9 - 11 lbs.
Wing Loading: ~32-39 ounces/sq. ft.
Volumetric Wing Loading: 21-25 pounds/cu. ft.
Power: .61-.91 two stroke/.91-1.20 four stroke (or electric equivalent)

As of right now the RCFW prototype has flown half a dozen times and has exceeded all expectations. All test flights were done prior to detailing and painting (My Momma didn't raise no dummy) and the airframe is currently stripped down so that the finishing process can proceed. My intentions are to do the finish work on the prototype as well as to continue to develop the construction gallery on the web site while the group gets started on the airframe. By the time the group gets to the point of finish work the prototype should be done and the web site complete. That's the plan anyway! If you have any questions or input please feel free to post them here. And if you would like to review the "Guaging Interest" thread mentioned above it can be found here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8962908/tm.htm

I will probably wait a couple of weeks to let everyone who is interested get their orders in and processed before starting the actual build. If you are interested and want to get started with the group please get you orders in ASAP so I can get the kits produced and shipped. Of course, kits will be available and you can join the build at any time in the future if you don't mind playing a little "catch up".

I would be remiss if I failed to thank a couple of retailers who have agreed to sponsor the build with discounted merchandise.

Ray and Robin's Hobby Center in Falmouth, Maine
&
Pete's Pilots

More information on the sponsors and links to their web sites are available on the Hellcat site.

Well, there you have it. I am very much looking forward to building with whomever decides to jump on board. Thanks for your interest!

Regards,
Chad Veich

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6FSHEET1.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	2238365

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6FSHEET2.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	2238366