RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 110" 100cc Yak 54 Build!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:54 PM
lokiyawl
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 110

Barry,

Thanks for your response, that was very helpful. To answer your question, I love the 74" Yak which is why I have 2 built and 2 almost complete kits for spares if needed. Both of my 74" Yaks are electric with about a 2/1 thrust to weight ratio. I have tried to keep them as light as possible. I have not yet flown the 88" but your statement that the biggest jump would be from the 74" to the 88" was certainly intriguing. Do you think that it would be better for me to transition to the 88" before moving up to the 110"? I really like the idea of the 2 cylinder engine and I am hoping that it will prove to be a bit more reliable than the 50 cc but I don't have the experience to know that is the case. I like the looks of the 110" better which is also a factor for me.

My current radio is a Spektrum DX7 but I would consider upgrading if I needed additional channels to accomodate the 110". I don't currently own any of the servos, so I will be reading up on the various options. I don't currently have a preference for the Hitec verus the JR, do you have any recomendations? Do the matchboxes add much weight to the build? The Hitec programmer could be useful to me on my other models so I would not be against buying one if that is a good way to go with the Y's. I will be interested to see how you set your own plane up since you have a lot more experience with the larger models than I do. I am planning to stop by EF to see this plane in person, to ask questions and to save some shipping since it won't be too much out of my way.

Thanks,

James