RCU Forums - View Single Post - 47" Pro Yak Questions???
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 04:38 PM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 47

I replaced the nylon wing bolt for a stainless steel one from homedepot. I just use a ratchet to tighten the wings together and the plane feels very sturdy. I just leave the wings together unless I need to do something inside that I cant do through the access panel. I glued my wings together on my Edge 540, but with a small car I can usually only transport one plane to the field, now with the Pro Yak I can take two if I take the wings off. So really its your own choice. Ive flown my Pro Yak on two occassions now and have about 8 flights on it, this plane is a blast to fly. With the Saito 82, hovering is sooooo much easier than with the Edge 540 and a 46AX. I have alot less toruqe roll with the Saito 82 and Xoar 14x4. Ive got the engine mounted all the way back on the rails and the battery mounted just behind the two wing tubes. The plane is very neutral inverted and my dry weight is 4.5 lbs. Also for those who are new to 3Ding, if you arent already running 6V battery packs you should do so. You want your servos as fast as they will go. My cheap Hitec servos are about .19 sec on 4.8v and .15 sec on 6v, the .4 sec faster speed with 6V makes a HUUUUUUGE difference when trying to learn to hover. With 4.8v battery it felt like I had to tell the plane what to do then it would do it, with 6V I just think it and it happens.