RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF
Old 10-31-2009, 08:55 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

mail, Yes, your 109 pictures are beautiful. The original is also beautiful. I had trouble getting away from some PZ 109 admirers after placing it on a counter at a motel I was checking out of recently. It was quite an experience.

I had never thought of a Messerschmitt as "beautiful" before just recently - menacing, sinister, all business, dangerous, fearsome, etc., but not beautiful, until now. I've been studying 109s so much now that my other fighters look "funny." How's that for being imprinted on an airplane's appearance?

Just finished the maiden flight with my beautiful flapless, "retracted landing gear" (tail wheel has been replaced by a fake wheel that looks like that of a retracted 109F tail wheel) and was so thrilled by how it flew and landed with that three bladed prop wind milling slowly as she glided in dead stick that like so many other times I was too weak from the sheer stressful pleasure to run the other three batteries that had been charged for the occasion. I should be able to easily live on the joy of today's pleasures until the next marginal flying condition day manifests itself.

Unlike the embarrassing tip stalling and crashing disasters of the 109 I first finally flew that is now fine tuned and flying nicely with its landing gear and working flaps, today's machine has the CG located slightly forward of that recommended in the "destructions" (LOL) as I also have adjusted into the afore mentioned fighter - no tip stalling at all, just pure flying pleasure! Just to be on the safe side my two hand launches were performed at around 3/4 throttle and a fairly hefty heave for flawless climb outs. I hold the nose of the plane just in front of the wing with a finger under the wing to steady my hold for comfortable left hand launches.

It was too windy for my nervous condition to allow anything more than loops and rolls today.

I hate bad weather!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.