RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF
Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 PM
11Hotel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Maiden Report:

So, got everything locked down, plane in the car, batteries all charged.....head out to my favorite flying field. For those in AZ, west side of Phoenix, north of Bell Roaon el Mirage Road at the Agua Fria Wash.

Get her out, DX6i on, DR and Expo already tested, plug battery in (3s 2400 ThunderPower), get the beeps, servo and control surface checks, everything looks good. Taxi downwind, turn her 180 degrees, advance throttle....1/4 moves it along nicely, 1/2 tail is already up, gotta start feeding right rudder, before 3/4 she's off!

That's when I hear the weird sound coming from my plane. I'm fighting the controls, seems like it's really tail-heavy. I thought the forward canards were gonna help, then realize that's my horizontal stabilizer. I land and turn the prop around (it was backwards) and the plane seems to fly in the right direction now.

But the sound continues. Land (that was fun with that narrow gear, and I even bent them forward and out!), let the ESC cool down, fly my T-28 and SC around.

2nd battery, sound continues to come from the plane. Sounds like a WuWuWuWuWuWu....which is a lot better than my last plane which made a sound like F-U, F-U,F-U....

Anyway, gonna try some ESC programming and see if I can ind the problem. 3 flights today, one crash when my cockpit flew off and my battery slipped loose from the strap. Boy, that was fun to try and land. Dinged the wing, nothing more.

If anyone can help me with that sound, please feel free and I appreciate it!