RCU Forums - View Single Post - Like New PH&L anzerkampfwagen III Ausf.L SD.KFZ.141/1
Old 11-03-2009, 04:36 PM
AClay47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Like New PH&L anzerkampfwagen III Ausf.L SD.KFZ.141/1

Its not a new topic of interest like the H&L Sherman. It's not even new! But I'm lucky to have it.

Today, I received a "like-new" S&S Heng Long Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf.l.sd.kfz.141/1. I bought it for $25.00 online. It came in the original packaging with all accessories, including the smoke oil, unopened. I was probably the beneficiary of a great gift to someone who got it, but had no interest in it. I've received cool gifts, which didn't interest me, too. I got a great deal with this tank.

I'm amazed at how real the tank looks! I own two H&L Tiger I s and one S&S Pershing. They are nice, but this tank has no toy-like appearance to it. The yellow color does not have a plastic appearance. The thing looks like it just left the Porche showroom, and it has just a hint of weathering.

Has anyone else noticed how mean the German tanks look? Their mere appearance is scary! By comparison, the Sherman looks like a Bubble Boy! The T-34 looks like a shopping cart! Maybe, Germans are simply scary people. Hitler was scary looking! No, wait, he was Austrian! Dracula was scary? No, he was Romanian. Was Frankenstein German? He'd fit well into a black death's-head uniform. THAT would be scary!

Anyways, I'm charging the battery now. I hope to see how well it drives soon. Right now, its resting on my cradenza and looks like a well finished model. I'm tempted to leave it there, charged and loaded, if needed.

Pope Benedict XVI is German. Is that scary? AND - He took a Polish Pope's spot! Sounds like an old story??

If you have a chance, check out the Heng Long Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf.l.sd.kfz.141/1. It is scary looking in a very nice way!