RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 08:31 AM
butlern
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Charlie Kellogg's TBM Avenger Build

Well I think I have finally found solution to my "which gun to use" problem.

I just received a Dragon in Dream series 1/6th scale figure to serve as my Avenger pilot. As many of those collectable figures do, he came with a large number of accessories, including a 1/6th 50 cal. gun. Although this gun is also die-cast, I was able to removed many unnecessary brackets, handles, gun sight, functional breech, inner barrel, etc.. and I was able to get it to come in at 2 oz. It looks really good, and much more appropriately scaled for the Avenger compared to the gun that Chic sent to me (sorry, Chic!!). Chic, where did you get that gun, anyway?

The pilot looks really good, too (as well he should considering the cost of these figures/accessories). Now I just need to whittle the pilot's weight down a little. But, even if I can't, he sits right on the CG so 8 additional ounces should not be that big of a deal... as long as I don't get carried away with 8 oz here, and 8 oz there, of course (that adds up fast).

So, I spent some time detailing the turret last night and this morning, and I've got plans to work on the cockpit this week, too.

Will post some pictures soon.

Noah