RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Scale P 51 Mustang and A6M Zero Flight Video
Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 PM
rcphotog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Giant Scale P 51 Mustang and A6M Zero Flight Video

You're going to hate me for saying this, but, "know your audience" when posting scale videos in this thread. This was nothing special. Nothing you can't see anyday of the week at Supelveda Basin (Van Nuys,Ca.) I suppose these pilots are good warbird pilots, however, they fly way too fast!....SLOW DOWN, you're flying at a scale speed of mach 1.5 and pulling a scale 50g's in the turns and that Zero's "vertical pull" yikes! [X(]

I've seen Brian fly at Scale Masters, Hemet-07, so I know he is capable of more realistic flying.

As far as the "video"....well I agree with abufletcher, slow the camera shutter speed down so you're not freezing the prop. It's too distracting...When I read your discription for this video, I thought I was going to see something really unique, maybe a mix of B&W , sepia (sorry abu), muted color,grainy or something akin to WWII movies. Maybe sound effects or dubbed over voice tracks of F.D.R's "infamy" speech. But, I was let down.[]

The reason I say "Know your audience" is, we will view your videos with a discriminating eye. After all, we fly scale not ultrasports.

Sorry if this was too harsh,but you asked