RCU Forums - View Single Post - improved vibration
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:25 PM
gasayers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: improved vibration

Thanks Barry.
I have a couple of problems. One being NZ is a long way away and the local dealer I got the motor through is gone.
Secondly, like a few people, I bought all the gear about 4-5 years ago but have only just got around to fitting it. So it's way out of warranty.
To be quite honest I'm putting 2x 5cell 3300mah Hyperion batteries in with a Z5025/22 215kv out runner. (1500-1800W 2500peak) 85 amp opto controller (this is all gear I have at hand for various reasons) This'll give me twice the hp for just 200grams more, no vibration and no hassles. Disappointing but I feel like I'm beating my head against a brick wall.[] No other motor I’ve played with has taken this much work,
$800NZ for the motor and another $120nz for fuel running it in, $60 worth of props and $100 for the exhaust system. (yes you did read that right.) Just to ditch it for another set up kind of hurts. Runs like a dream but just vibrates too much.
Maybe I'll get back to the RCV later.

I'd have to say my other dissapointment is there's no "RCV Technical Support" active on this forum. In the OS forum your not even allowed to discuss. It's only technical support.