RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant Scale P 51 Mustang and A6M Zero Flight Video
Old 11-06-2009, 08:07 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Giant Scale P 51 Mustang and A6M Zero Flight Video

Well, yes, nice logo. But where's the WEATHERING on those shiny, shiny planes! And I want to see some grunge on those chrome letters too!

I agree with your general approach to focus on the people not on the event. When I go to festivals here in Japan I rarely take more than a snap or two of the "scheduled events." Instead, I'm always looking for things happening in the crowd and around the periphery of the event itself. For example, a shot of a troupe of dancers getting ready to dance is often much more interesting than a shot of those dancers doing their routine on stage (in front of dozens people with cameras all essentially snapping the same thing).

That being said, I think I'd prefer a mix of about 90% planes and 10% people in any RC video I buy (or just watch on YouTube). For me, as a modeler, it's really more about the models. And I feel I'm never getting enough about the models themselves. And not just shot after shot of fly-bys.