RCU Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/18 mini desert buggy
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 02:39 PM
clp.eng
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi 1/18 mini desert buggy

mini-dude - I have to apologize. In my ignorance, I've been "sucked" in by other enthusiastic hobbiest to buy all kinds of stuff I really didn't need! IT'S THE SHOCKS!!! I pulled one end off this morning & it was very notchy. The wheel arm was smooth as silk. I stand humbled before you! LOL Trouble is they sent me a bunch of rebuild kits, so I feel guilty enuff to at least try fixing them first.

Whew, I just checked them on the Losi site - 33 bucks. My whole spares budget was $50, & I was hoping to get a LiPo batt with that as well.

I did stop by the lhs this morning & got a connector for my Turnigy charger so I can use the peak detect feature on it. Down to 45 bucks! All I need to do is find out what the max safe charge current is & I'm all set.

I ran the buggy for about 15 minutes this morning. Mostly around the deck to force myself to learn the controls. When that got boring I shot it down the drive at full speed a couple of times! Nice. I've got this fairly large, empty backyard with nothing in it but grass..... Designing a track WOULD make a good winter project!

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	qo38989.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1309419