RCU Forums - View Single Post - TFGE F4U Corsair 60 Kit Build
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 PM
RCGuy41

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TFGE F4U Corsair 60 Kit Build

Hi Paul,

I have been working off and on since mid summer; that's when I started building the tail retract assembly. The only item I didn't have was a set of main retracts, when my Hurricane went down and I couldn't get three replacement parts; I had to make a decission. Well; as you have noticed; I gutted the Hurricane, started building the Corsair ( I love the bird,) traded the Hurricanes gear for another set and swapped the legs with Darrell at Sierra Giant Scale. In the mean time I found a guy who makes a scale tail kit for the Corsair; I contacted him and found out his prices were reasonable and paid him. I received the tail kit about three weeks from the time I placed the order only becuase he had to order some more balsa and lite ply. Included in the cost; I received all major structural parts and a set of rolled plans. Some of the other building material I had to supply from my kit, which is fine in my book. Paul, if you any other questions please feel free to ask, today I'm going to work on the elevators and get them built and posted on this thread and the 1/8 scale Corsair mods. By the way how are doing on your build; I would love to see some more progress on your bird, because when I saw what you had done with the cowl flaps to include adding + 2 on your wing and tail assembly to include a few other mods. In my opinion you are a great builder and other builders could learn a lot from you.

Brad