RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:51 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

ORIGINAL: Howard Uneven elevator trim while using AILEVATOR I have the A9 installed in a Seagull 120 Spacewalker which now has four flights on it. My model type setup is 2 aileron and ailevator which assigns chan 2 = ELEV and chan 6 = ELE2 with each channel driving its own servo. During the test flights I had to input a good bit of up trim to achieve level flight. Yesterday I noticed that the chan 2 elevator half was not even with the other elevator half and that it appeared to be trimmed more. I confirmed this with the servo monitor page where I could easily see the difference. I duplicated the model on another memory and then proceeded to check everything I could think of and then just started going through menus trying to discover what was causing the issue. I remembered reading on the RCU Futaba support site that Bax had indicated (for the 14MZ) that you should use the 'ailevator page' to adjust the elevator throws when you use the ailevator function - did not say why though and for some reason that stayed in the back of my mind. On the Spacewalker I had adjusted the elevator throw for both elevators using the EPA page instead of the AILEVATOR page. So I put the EPA throws back to 100% and adjusted to the correct throws on the AILEVATOR page and low and behold the trims for both elevators produced the same amount of movement. I went back and forth between using the EPA and the AILEVATOR and each time it confirmed the same results. If you use model type AILEVATOR then you need to use that function when adjusting the elevator throw instead of using EPA. Howard
Thanks Howard,
Apears to bea universal "ailevator" thingy. Typical responses, held on file when setting up a model some time ago 2007,to same question with other brand TX have been =
"Being that the 9C doesn't have an actual dual elevator function, it is up to you to make sure your mechanical advantage is extremely close, along with your ATV's being the same and also the End Points. Those items all matching should enable you to match your mixed channels to closely allow the servos to flow closely together. It's extremely challenging as the farther your mixed channels are away from each other, the harder it is to get them to flow together, all having to do with the way the transmitter talks between the channels in the P-mixes."
"Instead of using the ailevator mix (2-8), make your own pmix 2-5, which will decrease the delay between the servos. Just make sure to turn on the trim function and deactivate the switch assigned to channel 5. "
Mechanical set upis critical as swing of rod can make a big difference.
Regards
Alan T.