RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Aeromodel Clipped Wing Monocoupe Build
Old 11-25-2009, 06:08 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pacific Aeromodel Clipped Wing Monocoupe Build

Al,

Nothing wrong with doing that. In fact, this is the FIRST standard ARF hardware that I would have no problem using. And the wheels may be foamies, but they're RUGGED. I physically could not bend them over. In fact, you could take ALL of the hardware in this kit, bolt it on the plane and go fly it without any hesitation at all. How often can we say THAT about an ARF? And I am about 7 shades of totally anal past "really fussy" when it comes to my hardware.

Now, the ONLY thing I saw that I took notice of, and I suspected this, was that the springs for the steering gear are really small and really wimpy. Way out on the back of that plane like that it just can't steer properly with so little retention. I'm going to put the photos of the gear on here so you can see that it is actually very solid steering gear. I reefed on it and couldn't get it to bend or twist, it seems to be made to hold together. But the springs....blah... not enough to keep a beasty like this in line.

So, with BOTH big votes in favor of me doing the building thread in here, well then, careful what you wished for because here it comes! I'll start out today with what I found in the box, lots to talk about there and lots of photos.

Jimbo