RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2a Models in Magazines
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 PM
gittarpikk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2a Models in Magazines

Hi Mike

I kinda went the other way....ie from the slimers to electrics...been building the heck outta old planes like the Aeronca Chief, (several sizes- scale up, scale down) off the Comet plans and planes like the Skampy and Rumplestadt.I even redesigned the baby Flite Streak for electric and created a monster of a blistering fast little plane that will outmaneuver a bat yet slows to a trot and refuses to fall out of the air.

Created many nice designs I hopefuly will be producing or having them produced....so I've been busy on the lectric side, however, I hope to resume my almost completed Mach None I built in original balsa except I am using a Norvel .061 , aileron, elev, rudder, flaps and retracts and should come in AUW less than my original Mach None I had in 1974 which I found my original 110 negative for (may post it if I can get it converted to digital)

Been thinking about that Mach None lately....never ran the Norvel, but I hear they were faster than the Cox's best...but I believe they are a tad heavier and with the muffler, have a somewhat larger frontal area.