RCU Forums - View Single Post - Elevator control for Polk Hobby CHARLOTTE ARF GLIDER
Old 12-03-2009, 12:05 PM
bdelmonte
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elevator control for Polk Hobby CHARLOTTE ARF GLIDER

I have problems with installing the elevator control for Polk Hobby CHARLOTTE ARF GLIDER. The inside plastic control rod bent and jammed in the outer plastic tube. where it passed from inside the vertical stabilator to the fuselage. I replaced this "golden rod" type control with a metal inside rod that moved much better when connected to the servo, but not yet connected to the control horn at the elevator . However, the elevator is now moving very slowing after attaching the metal rod to the control horn at the hinge area on the elevator using Dubro Ez Connector For Rod Cable.

I did not follow the ARF instructions that located the control horn farther out from the hinge area, as I did not believe that this would work out. I tried moving the position of the connection at the control horn to better align it, but no improvement in elevator motion was observed.

I welcome all suggestion on the installation of control rod inside the vertical stabilator for upper level elavator.

P.S. I first posted this message at sailplanes, as I did not know that Polk had this forum available for questions.