RCU Forums - View Single Post - How fast is extreme?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 04:02 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: How fast is extreme?

Well, to be honest, I was disappointed when I first stumbled upon this forum. I expected to see more than what I first saw. Especially since it lives in the shadows of the pylon racing forum for the most part. Generally speaking, all of those planes are faster than 90% of what this forum has to show for itself.
I think this forum SHOULD be faster, it should be more .....elite? I hate to use that term to displace someone who wants to show off a 120 mph Sig Wonder, but I'm glad to see the interest level in extreme speed picking up around here.
I am / was as bored / disappointed with this forum for awhile...MJD and I exchanged thoughts about this and decided that the only thing to do about it was / is DOING something about it...just pick up the pace to suit our ambitions.
To be perfectly honest and to lay my faults out on the table, I admit to rolling my eyes at some of this stuff...much like a "beer snob" would roll his eyes at hearing me raving about Henry Weinhards being a fine beer....

You know what I love....it's hearing about those "fastest for the cheapest" combos. I'm as impressed with that stuff as the "cubic dollar" efforts.
Joe, I understand what you're saying but in actual practice the guys who only come here to show off anything remotely related to speed almost always get a warm welcome, so encouragement and sometimes some advice whether they want it or not.......