RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Retracts - Modifying existing Air/Servo-operated Retracts
Old 12-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Retracts - Modifying existing Air/Servo-operated Retracts

ORIGINAL: Tko310

hey dan
I understand some of what you are saying. I read many of your posts in the other thread.
However, Tom has said that this is a slighty different set up if you read and follow the posts. Some of us are learning here and appreciate the time others take to teach their craft. Please, Please Please do not turn this into another pi$$ing contest.
Thanks
not turning it into a pissing contest at all and i am learning too , however , Tom has no right to say that the Lado retracts he is trying to copy are of a bad design and that he is learning from Doug's mistakes , it's simply not true .

first of all he has never held a pair of Lado retracts in his hand so what does he have to reference ?

Doug's only mistake was his lack of people skills and poor delivery , his design is magnificent .

for Tom to say otherwise while he actively seeks to reproduce Doug's retracts to the point of asking others to take photos and describe Doug's gear to him is unfair and probably falls into the category of changing history (recent history) to promote his endeavor .

just making a point , (and i have) ... so i will enjoy the rest of the thread and try not to chime in unnecessarily .

sure will be a damn shame if Tom spends all this time matching up that Muzak like "Buy me now" music to his sales videos and spends hours trying to copy Doug's retracts , only to find that a major RC company has COPYRIGHTED the mechanism and is due to launch them as an entire line , ready for shipment in the very near future

regards

Dan