RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro pro stock/pro mod chassis
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 06:03 AM
Brent Davis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro pro stock/pro mod chassis

ORIGINAL: nitrorevo
+1 on that Brent.

ruffrider, if you don't have to go new on everything, I would recommend searching around to pick up a pre-owned chassis with as many of the goodies Brent mentioned as you can get. I already had a fairly competitive modifed engine .21 and picked up a deal on a pre-owned pro-mod chassis fully loaded and my order to Dragrace Concepts was still about $250.

Keep in mind that when buying used, prepare to put more time in your setup, going threw the car screw by screw and cleaning up the mess from the prior owner. I spent days getting my car track ready for my big day. After two passes, and learning how to read my time slip, I realized my car was not shifting. Had to pass my next round runnning late trouble shooting and still couldn't get the car to shift. Had to pull the entire two speed off, finally realizing the two springs in the shoes to adjust the shift point were missing. A full day at the track, and only made two passes.......GRUUURRR!!!
man that sucked. For me, buying this stuff new is "MY" only preference. I am not against used parts from people I personally "KNOW" though but had you known that the guy left off the clutch shoe springs, then you would have had them for your track day. What a bummer. Well you should be ready for 2010 now though and with as good as a chassis as you got, I am sure it will run well for you.