RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-28 Dave Platt
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
maser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-28 Dave Platt

Dean,

Thanks for the info. What is the Rc56 glue?

Larry,

I noticed on the build thread for the T-28 it recomened the nose gearfor the Robarts for the nose gear to be the 640RS which is the 105 degree. I chose the the 642 HDRS which is 95 degrees. The reason I chose this was that the plans show the nose gear in the fully retracted position to be at 95 degrees.

Also, the mains are recomended to be the 635 RS which are the 90 degree. I chose the 636 RSLP which is 85 degrees because the wing dihedral is approximalty 85 degrees.

I'm not sure why they recomend theirs as apposed to what I chose. I would be interested in why they did this.

You will have to adjust the angle in which you put both gears in anyway. Just a thought,

I have never used Seirra gear before, but it looks like they put out a very good product.

One thought, not pro or con, but with the Seirra gearis specific to the model. Robart is generic. It can be used for just about any model if you choose not to build another T-28.

My experience with Robart in the last 15 years has been very good. They have a great technical support and can custom make your gear. I had them build a nose gear for my Skypirate which is from a Claud McCollough plans.

I want to thank the Oklahoma Museum of Flying, Larry Butler and Steve Keesey for their donation of a 3 foot by 2 foot (3/32 inch) phenolic piece for the hinges. This was a left over from thier building the realt T-28. It is used for the casing of the wing tanks.

Thanks for all your comments.

Boyd.