RCU Forums - View Single Post - King Motors Baja Review with pictures
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 07:26 PM
BigGrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

dennis i got the silencer from ddm when they had the black friday sale,along with other stuff that were great deals.is it worth using to help quiet it down,or dont bother.i was thinking of the install that you rivet it to the pipe but is it worth the effort?

Yes, the silencer is worth the effort. The day before yesterday I got the stock muffler for the 5T to put on my 5B, hoping for more noise reduction. The Dominator's noise with the silencer is reduced to somewhere between the dominator and stock can. Performance of the dominator with or without the silencer is better than the 5t can at bottom end and mis range, but top end winds out a little better with the stock can. At least that is how it seemed to me. I miss the violent low speed the dominator offers.

I would not rivit the silencer onto the exhaust pipe as it would be stiff and stick up and out too far. Surely easy to break off in a roll over.

I think a length of silicone hose ddm sells to curve the exhaust around to where the silencer points out from under the wing is a lot better.

I am really interested in how much Bat Fastard's muffler quites the dominator down. Need to see a video if possible.

Dennis