RCU Forums - View Single Post - How about bringing back Single Stick Transmitters
Old 12-20-2009, 04:02 PM
onewasp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How about bringing back Single Stick Transmitters

esmithga

Allow me to offer an idea.

I have had about everything the RC world has to offer in Radios.
I have been an RC Aerobatic pilot for fifty years.
I have NEVER EVER used all the bells and whistles I have on my current radios. Though I have tried them.
I am at zero disadvantage to those who do when at the flying field (as opposed to the "flying" done on these sites).

My idea is simply this. You do NOT need all this 'jazz' to fly well or with absolute precision.
Limit the bells and whistles to the reasonable few.
Put everything you can into quality, ergonomics, speed and accuracy !

Price it for an adequate return and see how much activity ($$$$ dollar activity not the chin music activity we see in profusion on these sites). Now you have your nitch market defined. AND it migh prove worthwhile.
Note, I did NOT rule out the two sticker's designs as many of us would also go for the set that takes quality, speed and accuracy to another level even IF the price is "up there".
I would go for that myself.

You also do NOT have to re engineer the radio as , Spektrum for example, might be willing to sell you all the electronic decks you need and you then add the superlatives. Much as the custom car industry of yore was constituted.

To be certain it is a small nitch but that does not preclude either the profit or the satisfaction that could be attained.