RCU Forums - View Single Post - SPEED Lekkie 400
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 11:27 PM
arcticflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SPEED Lekkie 400

I'm doing some work up in Prince Albert, SK right now so that is why I haven't flown the second one yet....last week it was -35C here[X(] so flying was out the window. My last flight before the cold snap was at -16C and I thought my fingers were going to fall off. I had to land and run to the truck and hold my hands over the heat vents[:@] It warmed up some the past four days. I might try and get in a flight tomorrow in a hay stubble field with the new high KV motor. For sure it flys like a speed plane but not so tweeky that it wasn't fun. Never got it slow enough to approach tip stalling speeds as I am still getting it dialed in. Hopefully, I can get a couple of more flights in to see how slow it will go before bad things start to happen......2 mistakes high! Thought about stringing my parachute out in the field and flying the plane into it at landing time....if rigged right, it should make a pillow of a landing platform....got to think it out some more before trying it.

Oh Yeah, I would strongly suggest for the first flights to go with a high torque prop motor setup instead of a speed setup. Makes for a much less HAIRY launch! At least until it is dialed in.