RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sorta OT and has a lot to do with why I don't fly in winter.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:20 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sorta OT and has a lot to do with why I don't fly in winter.

ORIGINAL: smoknrv4

Yep the best thing about winter around here is the snowmobiling, and the beer or two in your coat pocket keeps nice and cool, but not frozen, just right.
And we have all the good 7.0 and 7.5 stuff for the really cold weather. Unlike St. Ives malt liquor and other such high-test bog swill, our brewers make it taste like beer and not fermented bat piss. Our US friends may not know this, but our beer stores have a chart that shows the grade of beer you should carry for the prevailing weather conditions. Below a certain point you need to start adding vodka, or learn to crack open a beer can like a tube of Pillsbury crescent rolls so you can eat it. This is all covered in the elementary school curriculum as well. "Preparation is survival!"

Canadian RV's are required by law to run on gasoline or 80 proof liquor. It's a safety issue, after all liquor is far more common than gasoline in the boonies. 80 proof is our limit in Ontario, kind of a sensible compromise between staying liquid in the ambient conditions and not succumbing to alcohol poisoning every time you go outside.

MJD