RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Wind 110
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 08:04 PM
viva_peru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sebart Wind 110

Joe,

Thank you for the suggestions. I ran some of the numbers on the Scorpion 4025/16 and I was wondering what currents you would expect with a 8S setup. With a 16x12 prop, the currents would appear to be in the 75 amp range. Is this correct?

I had considered that motor for the Venus II which I have, but the motor appeared to a little small and that was why I ended up buying the AXI 5320/28. I know that the Scorpions are good motors, but it seems to me that in this application the motors is being pushed a little hard. On the other hand, the 4035 seems about perfect for this plane, specially if it can be fitted without too much fuss.

I have been looking at the Focus Sport primarily because it is less expensive and since I am still learning, there is always the possibility that the plane will meet an early demise. That particular plane also comes with wing adjusters which experience with one of my models has shown that being able to adjust the wing incidence can be a very useful trimming tool.

However, having said that, SebArt planes have a reputation for being very well made and it seems that the Wind 110 is the closest thing you can have to a full 2M plane without braking the bank. Also, for its size, it is quite light and my experience also shows that lighter is better. In contrast, the Focus Sport would probably weigh about the same but in a smaller package. All in all, I am just trying to evaluate different options in a rational manner.

Thanks,

Teo