RCU Forums - View Single Post - NOSEN P-51 (not).. MY OWN GIANT PLAN BUILD
Old 12-26-2009, 02:26 PM
easyschnucki
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nosen P-51 (not). MY OWN GIANT PLAN BUILD

Ok Gentlemen,

I am taking my time with the built and the cold temps in my garage right now do not provide for the best working conditions either.
So far I have glassed the wing with all the flaps and ailerons. I am in the process of sanding and priming those. Once i get them done I will do some final sanding and shaping on the fuse before I lay glass there. Below are some pics of my setup. I hope u dont mind some blurry and bigger pics. Even with a DSLR u cant get that right.....

Priming

big intake for the Super 80. I screwed the cowl shape a bit up during the built (see last pic)

Setup (older Picture)
ZDZ Super80, 1.2L tank underneath the Battery Deck (, SmartFly EQ6 Turbo with Ignition Cutoff (not used), 2 FP 3350mAh Li batteries

Main Retract doors fitting. u can also see the air refill valve on the left side hatch

Tail Door & Mechanics
Basically while retracting the tire will push the spring loaded bar down which in turn closes the doors shut. It is set so that when the wheel is almost in, the doors will close. Same for opening. The springs have quite some down tension. The tire needs to leave the bar only a fraction of an inch and they popp open. In my case the wheel is quite close to the doors.

Front (due to the engine sitting so far upfront I had to make it a bit larger. Of course not scale look anymore. But who cares? As long as it flies...
BTW...it's a JTEC custom muffler that sticking out there