RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sebart Wind 110
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 04:48 PM
B. Brammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sebart Wind 110

For you that have Questions concerning the up elevator trim requirements on the Wind e 110 I have a Helios 90e that is about the same size and weight as the
Wind 110 I originally had a trim problem with the Helios similar to what is being reported with the Wind and after a thorough check found that the Ailerons were not exactly the same thickness as the wing cutouts provided for them. the difference was very minor But I had adjusted them to be flat on top which resulted in a spoiler effect that required up elevator trim. After finding this I mechanically adjusted the ailerons down to center and was able to remove the up trim. doing this also eliminated mix requirements in knife edge and downlines. I have a new Wind 110 Kit that I have not started to assemble yet and when I checked the wings I find the same condition that I have with the Helios wings. The difference is the same on both wing panels. The difference in thickness is 1/16" at the tip end and 1/32" at the root end. I am not saying that this is true on all of the Wind Kits and cannot say that this will solve the problem as I have not built mine yet but it might be worth checking out it sure solved the problem on my Helios 90
Buddy B