RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fox Engines
Thread: Fox Engines
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2003, 06:31 AM
Grampaw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fox Engines

About that 5% fuel, it's true, and I got it from the horses' mouth, Duke himself. I called one day at noon and caught him manning the phones so his girls could take a lunch break. Quiet a guy. Anywho I had called about a problem, and he asked me what fuel I used. Then he told me to use 5% especially where I live. He said they use 5% when running the new engines before tear down and cleaning and packing for shipment. I did and I've never used anything else. That was back in the late 80"s. He mailed the parts l needed and I got them in my P.O. Box 2 days later. Now that's service. He said "Send me a check when you get around to it." His wife ran the company after he died and she too passed away a short while back, but the company is still operating in the same great way as when they were there. I've always given them high marks all around. If you call for an engine, ask if it has the single needle carb. Fox has a two needle carb, but the single needle will be probably be more familair to you. You can check them out at their Web address, www.foxmanfacturing.com