RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM 82" Hawker Hurricane
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ESM 82

Dick,

I am on the waiting list with TOMAS at VQ Warbirds for one of the ESM 82" Hurricanes. I look forward to getting it. The quoted delivery is February 2010.

Sierra Giant Scale does not offer retracts to fit this Hurricane yet, however they want to. Darrell Tenny is shipping me a sample wing center section from an ESM kit and a prototype retract that is actually based on a Corsair rotating mechanism. I will be designing a new mounting structure and rib templates that will allow for the use of a scale set of Sierra Giant Scale Gear. In a true scale configuration the gear are mounted at an angle that brings the tires aft on the wing as they retract. In order to stow them properly they need to rotate 15 degrees bringing the front edge of the tire down as it closes into the wing. The deal is that I will figure out and make a retro-fit mounting kit and Darrell will make the scale rotating gear. I think it is a good plan. I have a full set of Hurrican 3-Views from Bob Banka to work from in order to hopefully get this right. Once it all arrives I will be posting design progress pictures out here on RCU. This may be the thread to do it on.

Leo Spychalla
Spychalla Aircraft LLC