RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mode 1 vs. Mode 2
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 12:22 PM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mode 1 vs. Mode 2

PIMMNIZ is one of the few that made sense - "there is absolutely no comparison between flying a 'real' airplane and R/C" The fact that you are facing the direction, boith pitch and roll in a full size airplane changes everything. Plus, there is the seat of the pants feeling that is not there in R/C. The fact that most "real" airplanes are controlled in a Mode Two control configuration has nothing to do with it - the two are completly different skills.
Hanno (Prettner) and Wolfgang (Matt) do in fact fly Mode One, and have not done bad for themselves in international aerobatic competition, an event requiring skill possibly second only to pylon racing. Possibly! As far as the present is concerned, there is Quique Somenzini, (Argentina) , a household name in aerobatic flight circles. Quique was the first to hover, and developed a lot of the 3D manuevers.
As far a the "lefties" are concerned, another point with no bearing. I took photos and made a yearbook for a local high school girl's softball for 15 years. I have seen hundreds of fly balls to the outfield, and no matter how loud the coach hollered "two hands", the girls always caught one-handed - their LEFT one. Now are you ready to admit that a teenage girl can do anything better than you can? Widely different skills, yes, but involving the left hand.
And if you fly the other mode simply so you can chase the bugs off your nose with your left, I have to remind you that you should not be flying a high performance airplane without a buddy standing by you. Not only should he be there to watch other traffic, but he can de-bug you when needed, and maybe scratch your - if you get an itch.
SALINAS HAWK - Remember the old latin phrase: NON ILLIGITIMUS CARBOURUNDUM. (Don't let the *******s grind you down!) Eloy