RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster Viper
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster Viper

I have flown two vipers with P200 set up's and a load with P-160's. For me its a no brainer. 160 every time. You can really feel the weight difference between the two, and although the viper has a load of wing that works really really well the stall characteristics between the lighter set up and the heavier 200 set is to quite noticeable.
I am still sure that I could fly a viper and put on a pretty decent display with a P120 SX. I really should get round to doing this one day as an experiment. With my 160 SX powered V Jet I very rarely find myself other than at take off using full power. I did a display last summer where I left the throttle stick alone at 3/4 power with the 160 sx and apart from a straight out of sight vertical climb ( Which isnt usually part of my flight anyway) there was not any maneuver that I struggled to get through.
But,,,,,, and here is the but. If I were flying at either altitude or heat heat/humid situations I could see how people would want more power.
Carsten... You must have a very poor set up on your elan if you can get a over 23.kg viper to land slower! [X(]