RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rumplestadt
Thread: Rumplestadt
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 11:28 PM
gittarpikk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rumplestadt

ORIGINAL: SCORPIO_2727

Hi Mike & Buzzard Bait. The Rumplestadts are my pride and joy. I took photos of the 2 that Freeair sold me, sent him the pics: he's gone to the extent of enlarging the photos and had them laminated. The photos show the R'stadts up close, flying sedately past the camera. The ''sit'' of the models in the air look just right. And yes, I can undersand his attachment to these little beauties. Although I'm a grass roots builder, I've also bought 2 more models from Freeair, a Revolver and a Katana, such is the quality of his building.
To see my old R'stadt beside the 2 new ones prompted me to dress up old faithful after all those years of service. And Buzzard Bait, mine had a tired Enya c/l engine also, now updated to a new engine, with a throttle to boot. With the Enya 19, she'd just trundle into the air. There's a lot of life left in the old girl yet. Me part with any of these little jewels? Like bldy L. Glen
Hi Glen

Glad to hear from ya...was worried something happened to you as I was certain you would have something to add about the new squadron. Good to see you dressing up the old girl in a new wardrobe.Now that she has some competition, she needed to look her best. A lot happened here over the winter. My aunt and my uncle passed in 1 month and my brother was here from Australia for the funerals (he had moved to a more climatable part of Australia). Right after that, I got a call my severely handicapped daughter (32 years old, cebral palsy, sculliosis and had to breath through a trach tube and fed by tube in stomach) was in ICU and her mom , who had devoted her life to her daughters care was also in ICU with cancer and not expected to get better.

I drove to the hospital 15 miles away , 4 times a day for a month to get her through and back home. Since we didn't have Chrismas, we left then to my wifes kids and grand kids in SC and visited over the weekend and got back on Sunday. I was going to go visit my daughter on Monday, but was called Monday morning with the news she had passed away....She is in a better place now and now , whole. Since her passing, I have had a few days to work on a couple of my projects (inventions) and have discovered several new building technics and methods for working foam. Since it is winter here, and a rainy one, building is about all I can do till I start my new career next week. Someday I'm gonna hafta do some videos on what I have come up with as its really unique.

I have a few pics of the old Rumplestadt that was built in 1971 along with a newpaper clipping of that one with two others taken in 1971 at the club field I attend. They are on my phone camera, and somewhat difficult to get to the computer, but I will post them soon...You will like them. Maybe I can get a full sized one built in wood this winter.