RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 Tiger I build
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 01:02 PM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 1/6 Tiger I build

Today I have conducted an experiment I have been meaning to do for some time and with recent posts have been spurred on to act all I have done is take some pictures from different heights showing the front of my Tiger some have slightly different light which makes a difference the other thing to note is I have sanded the surface a little to represent wear caused by the crew as Germans of the time wore hobnail boots which would cause heavy wear on paint and zimmerit, this is the site I used to age the pictures http://labs.wanokoto.jp/olds

Andrew, to be honest I have spent my time researching late Tigers and have neglected the mid Tigers mostly, having looked at the pictures you suggest it does appear to have no zimmerit but if you look at late models some appear to have none either, Tiger 323 on page 92 is a very early mid Tiger, the other pictures are as you have said what I’m going to do is repeat this exercise when the Tiger is completed in various light and angle shots, as for the different types of zimmerit used on Tigers we will leave that to a latter date .

Don, Andrew is a fellow rivet counter and seeks to build the best possible Tiger he can he has spent many hours researching his project to a very high standard as he has said casting numbers where on various parts though not all and things like “dkr” where the manufacture of the individual parts take the armoured exhaust covers not all had numbers and the ones that did varied from batch to batch the Munster Sturmtiger has numbers in different places on each armoured cover, there is also a large amount of stampings on German tanks sometimes several in the same place this link will explain a little more
http://www.panzerbasics.com/index_fi...ta/serials.htm

Andrew, Henschel was the only factory to assemble Tiger’s