RCU Forums - View Single Post - West 50 pipe on a 46
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 12:21 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default West 50 pipe on a 46

Rudeboy, I havn`t messured the RPM yet.... but This isn`t a stallar engine. It`s a fairly unknown Topaz engine that looks like an os 46SF clone. With the stock muffler I only got 14500rpm with a 9/7. I havn`t altered anything on this engine.

As for my west engine, When I broke the header, I put in this engine instead so I at least could fly..... Now that Ive got a new header Im too lazy to change engines again

BUT, I have some problems with the west.... I cant shut down the engine. I thnik it draws in faulse air in through the front bearings, as the thrust washer and bearing are a poor fit
If I dont rund the plane dry so the engine quits, I brake a prop evey tim I land....Too expensive in the long run. And the plug burns every time you fly it dry, as it leans out in te end....

But I have been thinking up a sorta solution.......just richen up the idle soo much tat it simply cant run in idle. I usualy fly full bore anyway

My Hotspot is all primed up, and ready for a nice paint job....then it`s ready for some High speed action!

Lots more pics of my plane during construction here if interested: http://www.rc-unionen.dk/nytforum/to...?TOPIC_ID=1854

SJ.